Sparkling Mango Mint Lemonade

May 13, 2011

With vodka, duh.

It is Cocktail Friday, after all, right? If you’ve been reading WANM for a while or following our Twitter, you know I have a major mango obsession. Every time I slice a mango, I end up eating the whole thing. Gluttony at its finest. But since mangoes have lots of vitamin C, vitamin A, and fiber, I don’t feel too bad about it. We’ll ignore the sugar for a few moments.

Tonight I decided I wanted to make a mango cocktail and though I’m no mixologist, I figured I’d try to make my own drink filled with the ingredients I love. And thus the Sparkling Mango Mint Lemonade (with vodka, duh) was born. And it was a delicious invention.

Sparkling Mango Mint Lemonade (makes 2 large drinks):

• 1.5 C mango, peeled and diced
• 1 handful mint
• 8 oz. vodka
• 1.5 C sparkling lemonade

If you haven’t tried this sparkling lemonade from Trader Joe’s, you must. It’s fab without vodka, too. They also have a pink lemonade and my fave limeade.

This drink is super quick and easy, but you should chop your mango a bit ahead of time and stick it in the freezer. You’ll want it to be nice and chilled. If you can’t get fresh mango, you can always use frozen.

Once your mango is chilled, put it in the blender with the mint and vodka.

I added a little vodka at a time, but eventually settled on 8 ounces, which seemed pretty perfect.

Blend the mixture until it’s nice and smooth and pour it in a glass.

Top off with sparkling lemonade.

And enjoy your cocktail Friday. You’ll definitely need to give this a good stir or two, as to mix the puree with the fizz.

E18BDE6B-D467-4A82-A74A-5F1B313DF673.jpg

I’m absolutely loving this drink! It’s packed with mango flavor, with the perfect touch of mint and the lemonade gives a nice bubbly touch. Plus, it was actually sunny out today and this drink was nice and cold!

So, that’s how I’m getting my weekend off to a good start (yes, I’m still sipping!). How about you? This weekend is packed with our friend’s bachelorette party on Saturday and my burger being served at Bristol Lounge on Sunday with a few other fun things in between. Definitely not complaining, but feeling a little bit overwhelmed since we’re off to Atlanta for BlogHer Food next week with another fun trip planned right before! And about a million tons of work to do before then. Yikes! Tonight is definitely all about relaxation.

Happy weekend to everyone! What will you be sipping on this weekend?

Tagged With

35 Responses to "Sparkling Mango Mint Lemonade"

1. yum! i love the foam– it makes it look so fun!

2. Amy says:

looks delicious!

3. Have you ever eaten a mango like an apple? With big, gaping bites. Well, don’t do it. You’ll end up with mango threads in your teeth. :/ lol Great cocktail though!

4. Karen says:

This drink looks so refreshing! Yum!

5. Erica says:

ow- looks awesome! I am a HUGE mango fan! And I love how fizzy the drink gets. Sounds like you have a nice weekend plan. Enjoy the bachelorette party and take lots of pictures of your burger for us!! We have lots of fun on tap this weekend- went to frozen yogurt tonight (so good), tomorrow=step, hair apt, party, Sunday= brunch with friends.

6. Joanne says:

I do the same thing with mangos…which means I’m just going to have to come over and have you make this for me because I cannot be controlled around them! Looks delicious and the perfect way to kick off the weekend!

7. I’m loving all of your drink recipes lately and this one is no exception!

8. Gorgeous! This the perfect spring & summer beverage. I’ve been all about mangos lately ;).

9. emily says:

This looks like the perfect summer cocktail! I look forward to these weekly posts, Sues. 🙂

10. We’re so making this with swiss-stuffed turkey burgers tonight! Thanks a bunch 🙂

11. Bee says:

Okay, question: How do you chop a mango? Every time I try to slice one up, I feel like a large amount of mango is unused. How do you know where the pit begins when you slice in?

12. Kerstin says:

I love mango drinks and adding the sparkling lemonade is such a fabulous idea too – yum!

13. kitchenbelle says:

Oh my goodness, this drink is the definition of refreshing! I will keep this one in my pocket for a hot summer evening!

14. that looks awesome! the type of drink you can really appreciate and savor. i love it!

15. Kimmie says:

Ooooh, I love mango anything! Sparkling mango lemonade sounds like a lovely pairing to a warm afternoon on the patio – can’t wait to try!

16. Maris says:

Mango is one of my favorite fruits. This drink looks beyond delicious!

17. Katie says:

sounds yummy!! very summery!!

18. Shannon says:

i do the same thing with mangoes!!! that’s why i’m pretty sure I couldn’t make this, b/c i’d eat it before getting to the drink. but it’d be delicious anyways i’m guessing 🙂

19. Gorgeous and delicious. I’d like one now, please!!

20. Vanessa says:

You ladies are the BEST!!! And you make my week so much bettter with your amazing posts- Esp. the cocktails!!!! this is pretty and lots of fun!

21. Pam says:

Yum, Yum, YUM!

22. I love mango and can’t expect this drink to be anything but delicious! I made mango pancakes for breakfast yesterday morning. I think starting the weekend with them and finishing it with this drink is just about perfect 🙂

23. I love mango and mint. This drink sounds so refreshing – even without the vodka 😉

24. Ada says:

Ahh that drink looks amazing! The perfect beverage to welcome summer with:)

25. I love that lemonade! If you haven’t already, you must try the limeade!

26. NicoleD says:

Oh yes, this looks perfect. I have been eating mangos like I never have before this past month and this drink looks oh so good. As soon as this rainy cold week clears up, I’m doing it 🙂

27. Juliana says:

Wow, never thought of mango and mint…I will definitely try this one…have all the ingredients 🙂 Hope you have a wonderful week ahead!

28. Mary says:

That looks like such a refreshing drink. I’d lovve to have a glass of it. I hope you have a great day. Blessings…Mary

29. Oooh dang! Mmmm I am loving all the flavors! My fave drink is Malibu Rum and Diet Pepsi. But I need to change things up a bit. I will definitley be trying this : )

30. Daisy says:

its near midnight on a monday and i want this drink right now, badly!!

i love those italian sodas. my mom’s been buying them forver!

31. briarrose says:

Now that is the way to bring in the weekend. 😉 A tasty looking lemonade. I’m thinking I need to blend something up with some rum here shortly.

32. Greg says:

Wonderful! I like that you guys experiment with so many drinks, and I mean real drinks.

33. Susan says:

I didn’t read this post until today, but I’m okay with a cocktail Tuesday. And mango anything is great in my book.

34. Eva says:

That sounds fabulous. I love Trader Joe’s Sparking Lemonade!! It is super tasty, and it must taste amazing with mango 🙂

35. NYC Ebony says:

I’ve been looking for a strong but delicate drink to serve at get togethers, so glad i found this site. xoxoxo im happy 🙂